Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Favorite Movie

(Photo: Howard County Library)

So it seems like this is the week for favorites. I've talked about my favorite new word, my favourite quotes and now I'm going to talk about my favorite movie The Girl in the Cafe.

The Girl in the Cafe
is a 2005 HBO TV movie starring the ever charming Bill Nighy and the equally captivating Kelly Macdonald. Nighy's character Lawrence strikes up a friendship with Macdonald's Gina. They hit it off so well that Lawrence, a government economist, decides to take Gina along to the G8 conference in Reykjavik, Iceland. Improbable? Yes. But what follows is a moving tale of love, politics and human compassion that hits all the right notes if you care about government. If you've ever wondered what would happen if the voices of logical but passionate individuals could be heard among the voices of diplomatic to a fault politicians, then you need to see this movie. Great subject matter, superb acting, I love this movie. So much.

No comments:

Post a Comment