Thursday, November 11, 2010

Made in Dagenham

Photo Courtesy New York Times

The New York Times describes "Made in Dagenham" as a non fashion film where clothing plays a significant role in telling the story. The little red dress up above is supposed to be an important part of both the wardrobe and the storyline. What??? You mean it's actually possible to pay to attention to clothing while still sending a powerful message about politics/history/civil rights/whatever? SHOCKING!

Ok so maybe I'm feeling a little bit defensive because I recently received some fresh criticism about being interested in human rights AND art AND fashion. I know, oh the horror of having diverse intersts!!!

Anywhatever, I think I'm going to see this movie, I'm not familiar with the historical aspect of it, so I'll I'll either learn something new or be totally confused. Remember when I said I'd see a movie even if the plot was shitty but the aesthetics were great? Yeah I wasn't kidding.

No comments:

Post a Comment